Gather your friends and join us for an unforgettable VIP all-inclusive guided adventure to San Diego area wineries. Let us do the driving and you do the drinking!
Beer Train Trolley Tour
Taste About 16 Local Beers
- Person Guests drinking alcohol must be 21+ | Guests 18-20 are permitted on tours
Join us on this tasty brewery adventure and learn about San Diego’s rich history!
Drink, don’t drive, on this “green” tour of San Diego breweries! Travel with the comfort and convenience on the trolley while exploring downtown San Diego. This awesome tour is ideal for both beer aficionados and dabblers alike, as well as couples, singles, groups…really for everyone! Ranked #1 in San Diego.
Travel with the comfort and convenience of rail while exploring downtown San Diego. This train tour includes a total of about 1½ miles of guided, historic walks, with each walk being about 15 minutes at a time.
This awesome tour is ideal for both beer aficionados and dabblers alike, as well as couples, singles, groups…really for everyone!
- VIP beer tastings at 4 local San Diego breweries!
- A flight of beer at each stop! (that’s about 16 pours!)
- Light lunch with beer tastings at San Diego breweries.
- The chance to explore San Diego’s rich history on guided historic walks.
- A behind-the-scenes look into the beer making process.
- Hop on and off the trolley! No need to drive from most San Diego locations! For local train and trolley schedules like us on Facebook, the schedules are pinned to our page for your convenience!
- 5½ hours of fun.
We’re very proud of the breweries in San Diego, and it’s been our pleasure to showcase them on guided tours since 2011. Here are the top five reasons why we think you’ll love this San Diego brewery tour:
5. The Trolley. On this tour, we hop on and off the San Diego Trolley. It’s a super-fun way to explore San Diego and very easy to navigate (much better than taking a brewery tour bus, which inevitably will get stuck in traffic). If you’re concerned about using public transportation, don’t be. Your guide will be with you the entire time. Usually we catch the red trolley (which is kind of cute), but sometimes we’ll hop on and off a vintage trolley, which makes the adventure really fun!
4. Downtown San Diego. San Diego is fortunate to have its downtown area on the water, which makes for gorgeous views and infinitely walkable downtown. This thriving area is packed with people, restaurants, and entertainment. If you love “people watching”, you’ll love Downtown San Diego!
3. The San Diego sunshine. We think that weathermen in San Diego have the world’s easiest job. They often quip, “It’s probably 72 degrees and sunny.” because… it is! On this tour, you’ll enjoy 1.5 miles of easy, guided walks in the San Diego sunshine as we wander from brewery to brewery. (Don’t worry, we’ll provide plenty of sustenance to fuel you for the journey!)
2. Your Tour Guide. Our team of tour guides is the absolute best in the industry, and one of the major reasons that guests choose us time and again! Yes, you could probably find a map of San Diego breweries and go drink by yourself… but where’s the fun in that? You’d miss the guided historic walks, during which your tour guide will enchant you with stories of San Diego’s rich history, and you’ll miss the behind-the-scenes access in the breweries that we are granted because of our long-standing, outstanding relationship with the brewery owners.
1. San Diego Breweries. The number one reason why we think you’ll love this guided tour through San Diego breweries is … the breweries! On this tour, we visit four local San Diego breweries (the world-famous Stone Brewing is one of them), and taste the very best microbrews that San Diego has to offer.
We promise you, you won’t be disappointed with this San Diego breweries tour. How do we know? We have it on pretty good authority…
Our Guest Love This Tour of San Diego Breweries
Over the years, we’ve delighted thousands of guests on this San Diego Breweries Tour, and they’ve returned the love by leaving us stellar reviews. Here are a few of our favorites:
Flash left this review on our Google page, “Last Saturday I had the pleasure of going on my first Beer Trolley Tour hosted by Anthony. We began the tour in Old Town where Anthony met us and our small group proceeded to take the trolley to 4 different breweries here in San Diego. Anthony was a wealth of knowledge about the history of San Diego & local breweries, and included a fine variety of brew at each location. I am a beer lover, so being able to sample a tasty selection of fine craft brews from some of the best local breweries, along with the delicious appetizers at Stone Brewery really made this tour the highlight of my week and I highly recommend it to locals and “out of towners” alike. I will definitely do this again, and I am looking forward to going on their winery tours here soon as well!”
Nikolas said, “The beer tour was one of the best birthday parties I’ve ever had.”
Shayna shared, “I took the Brewery Train Trolley yesterday with guide Anthony. I had a wonderful time and learned a lot about San Diego’s craft brew scene. The beers were really interesting with some having mango juice in the brewing process and honey and vanilla. The cask beers were actually my favorite because you could really taste the flavours and the yeast. That surprised me because I always thought cask beer just meant a warm, flat beer, but it’s all about the flavour!
There was a lot of beer on this tour, I wasn’t even able to drink it all. The food pairings were really nice as well. I especially liked learning about contrasting and complimenting flavours.
Anthony was a really knowledgeable tour guide and he took great care of us.
I learned all kinds of new information on San Diego history and Craft Brew history. So interesting and such a relaxing green way to travel around downtown SD!”
Don’t miss out on this very unique way to taste amazing local craft beers and see different parts of San Diego!
You can choose non-alcoholic drinks instead of the wine/beer. You will get to participate in all the wonderful food, gifts, presentations, and guided tours. Published tour ticket prices apply.
Your ticket for the trolley is not included and costs $8 per person.
Gratuities for your tour guide. Industry standard is 20% of your tour ticket price which would be about $18 a person for this tour.