Fall is here with cooler weather and a reason to kick back and relax. There’s no better excuse than on a day like National Red Wine Day to pair your favorite varieties with delicious chocolate desserts.
The world may never know if the myth holds true that red wine is good for the heart, but we choose to believe. Here are our favorite wine and chocolate pairings to make the start of your week a little more enjoyable.
– Cabernet Sauvignon’s savory notes taste great with chocolate cake
– Syrah’s punch pairs well with peanut butter cups
– Malbec’s earthy tones go with caramel based candy bars
– Merlot’s fruitiness pairs with milk chocolate
– Pinot Noir’s sweet flavors compliment white chocolate
– Port’s spice is amazing with dark chocolate
You can always try out gourmet wines on our San Diego Winery Train Tour, ranked #2 wine train in the world!