2-Ingredient Beer Bread to Soothe Your Self-Isolation Woes
Click here to learn more about beer Beer • Click here to learn more about recipes Recipes
April 23, 2020
What’s for dinner? Self-isolating souls wanna know…
TASTY, FUN & EASY recipe (to pair with your favorite local beer)!
Tip: This bread can be used to mop up gravy or after baking you can simply pan fry it in butter, or use it as a pizza crust. Shira Bliss, owner of San Diego Beer, Wine and Spirits Tours, favorite way to eat it is as a snack with beer!
– 1 ¼ cups self-rising flour, wheat or white (see below on how to transform regular flour into self rising – no magic spell is needed!)
– 1 cup plain (no flavor) yogurt (Shira Bliss uses full-fat yogurt)
To make whole-wheat self-rising flour, whisk 3/4 cup white whole-wheat flour, 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl.
To make the dough by hand:
– Place self-rising flour in a large bowl. Add yogurt and stir with a fork until a shaggy dough forms. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth, about 8 minutes. Add a few tablespoons water if the dough seems dry or a few tablespoons flour if it is sticky.
– Your dough should be tacky, but not sticky.
(TIP: Shira Bliss’ dough is often sticky and has been known to get her out of a “sticky situation”!)
– Plop mounds of the dough onto a greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 14 minutes until golden. (You can, if you prefer, put into muffin cups to bake.)
Bring some pizazz to your person with, drum roll…
Personal Space Pizzas
Simply flatten the mounds into the thickness you like for pizza and bake for half the time, then add a brushing of olive oil and your favorite toppings and pop into the oven for the rest of the time at about 425 degrees.
TIP: Shira Bliss likes to spread her dough with marinara sauce, shredded mozzarella, grated Parmesan, cooked bacon, sliced mushrooms, and kalamata olives.
Gotta go and eat!
Go here to order your beer and have it delivered!
Explore the World of San Diego Beer, Wine & Spirits!
Whether you are celebrating a birthday, bachelor/bachelorette party or just want to have a great time, San Diego Beer, Wine & Spirits Tours has the perfect tasty adventure for you.
San Diego, CA, 92101